View Single Post
Old 2013-04-15, 14:40   Link #16
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

How about Lightning in FF? I don't really find her to be used for sex appeal, and she is also pretty bad ass to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I've personally always viewed that quote as saying, treat everyone online equally regardless of what you think their gender might be. It's served me well, though for some reason being nice to people and stuff got me mistaken as a girl quite a few times, especially in MMOs. Not entirely sure why.
My experience with girls over MMOs has been quite the terrible one due to maybe bad luck.
Once "confirmed" girl, they tend to attract a lot of attention. Some get used to the special treatment (always getting included in events - get attention, freebies), while I have met a few who are more logical... but that is not the end of the story...

If you chose to exclude them to stuff (such as raids in WoW) because of poor performance or attendance, their white knights will raise up and cause quite a bit of drama - this happen regardless of whether or not the said female has any intention of stirring anything up herself.

Some of the logical ones may also hide behind the "I am a girl" shield. Ie: "you only think I do poorly because I am a girl", or appeal via "there are more than one way to do something" when you try to tell them what they are doing in the MMO might not be... the most optimal... (when min/maxing is important in the MMO world). (Actually girls IRL can be like that too, but in actual work place performance and mistakes can be recorded to present a much more convincing case).

At the end of the day I get a lot of "you are an ass" or "you are very difficult to work with".

Sorry that I got off topic. Would like to see what girls think of the other responses in the thread, esp the "what kind of games do girls like/what would classify a game as a girl game".
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote