View Single Post
Old 2008-07-26, 20:14   Link #3022
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
He kinda answered in his rant. From what I could gather, he was sort of having the impression that his characters are not being noticed unless 1. They are so overpowered that it is obscene; being a supernova whereas Hayate could be at most The Sun, 2. Related to everyone and having done everything in canon with little to no justification.
Yeah, I figured as much. Just one of those things I ask out of habit. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
ah, I see you've reached the chapters where the disarming spells get used.
Disarming, huh...

Now that's an idea worth following up on. I actually made a tacit nudge to this in an old build of something, but it never made final...hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Amongst other news, I've settled for totems as Kouya's Artificer Weapon (). Works well in representing the 5 elements, and because he can wear them as armor, they also have functions in worgen form. But most use would come in humanoid form, most notably stacking the 5 totem segments together to form a long hollow tube that works like a magical bazooka. I'm a genius!
A magic bazooka out of elemental totems...Shamans everywhere wish they had that skill. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
5 elements?

Earth, Fire Wind Water and Heart?

By your powers combine, I am CAPTAIN PLANET!
-_-;

*Double Facepalm of Epic Failure's*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I'm working on a shamanic/elementalist system myself, so a suggestion I would make, or rather echo from Drek'thar's teachings to Thrall, is that the shaman does not "master" the elements as how one would master a beast (which they are far from being). Rather he honors them and proves his worthiness for their assistance. For another Warcraft example, Thrall's initiation into the shaman's path was a humbling experience; instead of feeling puffed up by the powers which he was allowed to call on, he found himself humbled by their presences.

Also, you might like to take into consideration that the forces of Nature might not necessarily share human morals and sentiments. The Spirits may sympathise with the shaman's lost of a loved one, but do not expect them to break or bend the rules just because he begs them to do so. Even G-D's miracles work under the laws of physics.

My 2 cents =3
Shamanism isn't really a discipline I ever thought of much; I prefer elementalism or arcana for "traditional" magic. Nonetheless, it's an idea that has good merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

*flees faster on his [Spectral Saber] after using his [Riding Crop] to permanently enchant it with +10% mount speed*
Ah, clever. :3
Quote:
I think he wants you to lvl faster to drag you on Heroic runs for his own loot
Well, most of the really good stuff doesn't happen until 70, so...*shrug*

Although there's no reason I can't have an ulterior motive. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Ah points noted. No wonder I can't RP shaman well (and I never play them anyway).

Now to see how all this fit into the Artefact, or at least what the Artefact is trying to do. For some part, I was thinking if the card created 4 "elementalings" like the Summer Scorchlings you see during the Mid Summer Festival using the elemental spirits. They'd be a boisterous bunch, hate to return to their card form, and are essentially 4 Intelligent Devices forged from the Spirits like elementals are. Not sure if this is legal though.
I actually have a functioning and I hope within-canon system involving Elementals. I never finished it, but I don't think it's out of the question. Not quite the same thing, but you see the idea.
Quote:
Works both ways...

...unless we both end up fighting to +spell damage plate.
A Retadin rolling on spell damage plate? With Sheath of Light, now I don't even need +Spellpower gear.
Quote:

ORE WA KUROSU!!!!

*keeps chasing Eva*
Do I detect a hint of genial animosity there, Kha? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
*Stuff around Coma suddenly and spontaneously explodes*

Alright, who mentioned the unholy name of Those Who Mutilated the Sailor Moon Dub? Speak quickly before something else blows up.
You realize most anime dubs back then weren't taken close to seriously, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
You know you just said "I will kill myself" right?

It's "Omae wa kurosu" if I remember correctly.

Alternatively you could just say, "Shine!" as you chase him down
It's actually "korosu." And yes, you just announced your intent to commit suicide, Kha. Khrack getting to your head? :3

*runs*

Quote:
I see the blue-skinned-species-who's-name-I-shall-not-mention-for-fear-of-instant-flaming reference you did thar. Quite fitting too.
TAU!!!

*fleeeeeeeeeeees*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Excelleeeeeeeeennt!
That's why I kept telling you in IRC to go for it, eh?:P

I liked the interactions a lot. The sudden appearance of OC's in Negimaverse takes a bit getting used to, but it was made lighter by the fact that you and Keroko had been discussing about it in detail, so I pretty much know a fair bit about Keroko Negima version ( to Keroko for the awesome shop!) and Kouya.:3

It's poignant and sweet. You can pick up a lot of implied details already just from the scene alone. This has me anticipating your and Keroko's foray into Negimaverse in full force.

Anyway, I can't really be active for longer than I thought.:/ This thesis work is taking up much of my time. Though I prioritize this a lot since I want to increase my CGPA, so I need to focus on other subjects as well. The only sure time I can return here is probably not gonna come until April of next year... T____T

*sob*

;___;

Oh, and, snippet.

Spoiler for GenerationS later part. Grandis vs. Signum pt.1:

>_>

<_<

*RUNZ!!!*
Nicely done short here. I don't think there's anything like a graceful, one-on-one battle to really show what two people are like.

Sucks that you're gonna be out so long though... Then again, you got something good to go for, so put your all into it! And we shall keep the banners of Cadia flying high! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
he... hehehehe hahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
*head exprodez*

Aaron!! xD

The germa/belka word for explosion is Explosion!!

Exprozion... *shakes head in amusement*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I blame Tetsuya Kakihara for making it sound like that!!! :<

(Force of habit. Thanks for the correction.)

*edits*

No comment on the match itself...? =( ()
Oops. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
.... Aaron.... do you know what your snippet has spawned?!

Sigandis, that's what! Knights of the Swords, their wills clashing, a dance of hearts and blades, on the battlefield of love!

*casts Alert and Accel and RUNS LIKE HELL*

Ninjaposting. TIred. 10,11,12 and 15 hour shifts.
Oh boy...someone's found a new cause...(:3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I... have returned...
From the barren wastes of the world, I have found my path, and returned here...

...And I bring with me... something... different.
Allow the OCs to explain.

Glen: "When Kagerou-san first began the Order of Freelance Mages, he had a vision of a unit that would mix firepower and magic, creating a diversion from canon that began to snowball out of control.

Emili: "With the introduction of elements from Halo - notably the weapons, certain characters, and a great deal of the equipment - the story of the Order became less of a fantasy and more of a military, harder science-fiction tale."

Erick: "And the story known as Alpha took that a step further, by eliminatin' anything that composed the canon. It destroyed the canon, and that not only alienated a lot o' people, but also made the story nothing like its base.

Franz: "Nanoha has no room for mindless space zombies, hulking giants in green armor, and a useless main character. So it was decided; it's time to return to our roots. By taking what worked, and removing what didn't, Kagerou-san has effectively... caused the Fate of Destruction, and the Joy of Rebirth."

Naomi: "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Alpha is dead in the water; it no longer exists. Kagerou-san apologizes profusely, a thousand times over, for those who enjoyed it, and wishes that he could finish it. But he can't, not in the state it's in. It's time to fix things, to make them closer to canon, to reset his OCs and set them into the right direction."

Rena: "And so begins our story... we are the new characters. We're going to help everything be set straight. We are returning to canon, and putting our own little mix to it, just like a good Original Character should. We're going to diversify the ideas started by our predecessors, and continue that trend. We will fix the problems..."

Raye: "And create new wonders... or so we like to think. This is not only a rebirth, rebuild, recreation, or what have you. This is something new and exciting. Kagerou-san has found his spark again, what made him love to write, and now, he's going to start over. He's going to show you that he can write a good story, without diverging too strongly from canon; he's going to build us up slowly."

Aelita: "You will learn about us, and who we are. You will see a slow buildup of ideas, thoughts, rants, and feelings, creating a new vision for us, in Outer Cadia. We will unite the universe that Kagerou-san envisioned with the universe that we call Kerokanon. No longer will there be such a strong divergence. No longer will canon be smashed to pieces. It will be... extended."

Alexander: "The new Alpha - if it's even called that - will seek to unite Outer Cadia with that other thread, to give people who never come here a new outlook on us, to show us that we both can interact in such a way that they get us. We will make Keroko, Tesla, and Syn as if they were always there. We will make Kha and Fate's romance believable. We will take all of your thoughts and ideas, and we will expand on them. You, all of you, will be helping us... well, we hope."

Zirnitra: ". We are not the Order of Freelance Mages. From this point forward, the old Order is now Goose's, to do what he wants to with them, to do what he will, and make his former master proud. That's right, Goose; Kagerou-san is releasing you. He says it's time for you to make your own way in this place; time for you to do what you will. And Kagerou-san, he's going his own, bringing all with him, even you again, if you wish.

We are The Black Order. And we invite you to help tell our story."
Yeah...you mentioned something like that the other night.

R.I.P Alpha, we barely knew ye.

With any luck, this new scheme of yours will live up to it. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post

And Kagerou has returned with a most profound statement!

Although Alpha has fallen, I am looking forward to what will rise from the ashes of its remains :3
That's the way of a phoenix - from it's ashes it is reborn.

Quote:
You're going to have to drop it, Kha. Remember, the Wolf clan is shamanistic, they don't need Tau technology from Chao, and certainly not a Mont'au. Instead, try to think back to outlands, to the Mag'har, that's a far more acurate image for the Wolves. The Wolves and Tau don't mix, obviously, so scrap it and go back to something that does fit.

Don't stuff too much into them, if you have new ideas, create new factions and characters for them, but don't stuff all ideas into one of them.
A tip I've had to give myself more than once - too many chefs spoil the stew, or however it goes. I scrapped a recent idea because it got overwhelming, too much concept crammed into one package. The final, simplified version of that, incidentally, should be ready before long...:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Warning: following spoiler box is made of randomness. Feel free to ignore it if irks you.

Spoiler for random:

Hit by the sudden urge to write yet unable to direct it towards something meaningful, I have to resort to venting my frustration in simple words and posting it here. Though I hope it retains the slightest of value for being half-baked riddles of one thousand and one story ideas that has long been clogged in my mind that was released in this binge.

..though I have to say it feels great getting this out of my system through this selfish rant.
It sounds so...ephemeral. Thoughts one can barely touch, and all that...introspection becoming you, Tormenk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Spoiler for The Dawn of a New Era:

Spoiler for Ezekiel "Zirnitra" Ackerson:

Spoiler for Rena "Karewit" Ackerson:

Spoiler for The History of the Ackersons:

Zirnitra: "It begins..."
Aha...this sounds quite...intriguing. What interests me most about this is where it'll go from here. You can do so much more from the shadows than from the light.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote