View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 04:44   Link #66
D-Gold
Aurum

So much Kirino hate.

I guess I am one of the people who doesn't hate her I just like other characters a more.

I think the reason I don't hate her is because i view the series like this. I would rather have Kirino than a nicer little sister or generic little sister type. It seems like she makes the story more interesting and even though people hate her people are still interested in the series.

On to the episode itself I have not read the light novels(cant find translations for vol 2-7;-; but I did read a summary for vol 7 ) so I cant compare it to the source material but in-spite of that I found the episode to be ok. I have read some comments about how it would have been better if Kyousuke didn't baby her and how this event would have helped in Kirino character development ,but I think the trio going to the company was more enjoyable. One thing I did dislike about the episode is that I think the confrontation with Kyou and the staff could have been handled better. I understand the Kyou is pretty much a noob to the anime business so I wasn't expecting like a great debate or anything but it seems like he didn't plan for the meeting at all. I also find Kyousuke argument weak about how if you don't do this my poor sister will be heartbroken and she worked so hard blah blah blah. I agree with the committee with this one,this is business. If the company is not making money why should we bother with you. I remember reading some pages back how a user said it would have been better if Kyousuke had brought up how if they change too much the audience who like the LN would be upset and use the book sales to back him up. I agree with this and maybe if the trio planned they could have thought of that too. Now for the best part about the episode for me Kuroneko speech. If you can't tell from my sig and avatar Kuroneko is one of my favorite characters in the show. The fact that she has more screen time is already a plus for the episode in my eyes. I can't really don't have anything bad to say about it. It is nice to see Kuroneko make a heroic like scene. I also hear that her speech was handled better in the LN so I guess I will need to try harder to find a translation for it now to see for myself. I also found it funny at the end of the episode when Kuroneko asked if Kyou was a siscon or a masochist.