View Single Post
Old 2009-09-22, 22:41   Link #83
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadModBassist View Post
Umm, let's see...

K-ON! is a derivative off of the Japanese word for light music. They're in a frickin' band. The music for the show is made by technically-great musicians.

How you can't see someone being inspired by this show is beyond me. You're stating that it's silly someone can be inspired musically by music, basically.

To that I insert a big
Respect and inspiration are two different things...

As a musician, I can respect people like Beethoven and Mozart while having no interest in picking up classical music at all, while at the same time, a neo-classical virtuoso like Randy Rhodes or Yngwie Malmsteen can inspire me to pick up guitar shredding...

I can respect the real life counterparts that do the musical performance and recording, but that doesn't mean I have to draw any musical inspiration from it, have any interest or intent in learning how to play K-On!'s type of music, nor do I have to even like the music at all...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz