View Single Post
Old 2007-04-18, 21:23   Link #68
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Someone who's an intellectual whore is a nice guy who first tries to become friends with the girl he likes but he sees friendship as a natural and intermediate step towards a romantic relationship, while the girls view him only as a close friend most of the time and don't want to have a closer relationship with him.
I'd just like to point out that "intellectual whore" is a gender neutral term, it is used to refer to both females and males. I know because I've had some, though at the time the phrase "cuddle b**ch" was more commonly used.

Either way (to address Vexx's point that it's misogynistic and doesn't allow for friendship between men and women) it isn't intended to refer to all male/female friendships. Only those specific ones where one partner is obviously trying to make it into something more, and generally it's the other person who first coins the term. As in, "X likes you, do you want to go out with him?" "No, he's just my intellectual whore." (I still think cuddle b**ch sounds better, but I like to curse for no apparent reason also ).