Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-28, 04:02   Link #2171
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
If only a small percentage of shiki, vampires, werewolves or whatever supernatural creatures are in a given show bother to fight their nature, why should we blame the humans who fight back and kill them? If you have met ten shiki so far and all of them were killers, would you be inclined to believe the eleventh one when he claims he is actually a nice guy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
but still it's a far cry from the systematic slaughter that was the shikis' modus operandi for months.
Just want to point out one of your assumptions here: that none of the shiki except those we were shown opposed the systemic slaughter. That's a pretty dangerous assumption. Unfortunately,
Spoiler for slight manga spoilers:

p.s. let me just try to place myself in the range of opinions here, just in case anyone thinks I'm trying to defend the shiki by saying that "the humans can be monsters too":

I look at each character in accordance with the context surrounding each of their struggles/decisions etc. There are characters on both sides whose actions I can't condone, but I try to understand exactly what brought about those actions.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-07-28 at 07:53.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote