View Single Post
Old 2011-10-30, 00:27   Link #57
crossfire92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Having been in a real-life love triangle--twice--I can sympathize with how long it took for Yuji to make the choice; it's actually extremely difficult. That said, didn't it take just as long in the novels?

It did amuse me with how screwed the Misaki City crew was without Yuji. He has the one weapon you don't dare block or parry, the ring that makes one invulnerable to flame (and thus immune to just about every Flame Haze), he knew where their mission control was kept, knew the strengths and weaknesses of all three Flame Hazes present... and he was also their ace in the hole against powerful Tomogara in the first place, and now they had to fight against that ability...
Oh my gosh I know! I laughed so hard when shana said "yuji would always come up with something for these critical moments"

Is yuji so much stronger than shana because when he merged with the snake of the festival he gained the combined reflexes and fighting knowledge of the snake of the festival and himself? Not to mention yuji was pretty darn awesome before he gained all that extra power. His skill at sensing and ability to determine weaknesses and over enemies strengths were top notch. Also, from the first season much of shana's strength she gained corresponded with being with yuji. I wonder if she was always that way and gained significant strength from being with yuji. This isn't to say shana isn't strong on her own, however its not like any of the flame hazes could take out that assassin from season 2 alone. Not to mention shana's sudden weakness due to conflicting emotions that someone mentioned earlier. In this fight shana was at the weakest she probably had been since that very first fight with margery.