View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 10:47   Link #229
Destined_Fate

They're just pushing the non-existent Zessica x Kagura ending so they can trick themselves into believing those two got a happy ending and that all their suffering wasn't for nothing. I pity them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
Then you have failed to read it carefully. I wrote "If there was one way to phrase this ending, this felt more like Code Geas R2. R2 had a great beginning, wtf middle, and overall nice/somewhat-fitting ending." Emphasis on 'felt'. Just because you feel a certain way about one series doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way about it.

My idea of how evol ended are similar to my idea back when geas ended. They are both different stories executed in different manners with minor similarities (school settings, mecha, etc) but they gave me the same overall end feeling. Again, read it carefully.
No I read it correctly. You compared it to Code Geass which isn't comparable in anyway to this trainwreck. The ending of Evol was an asspull and not fitting. While the ending of Code Geass was sad but it fit the themes of the series to the letter while Evol made it a goal to ignore its own themes, especially the fighting destiny theme, and had retcons up the ass and random character shift with no explanation at all.