View Single Post
Old 2008-03-10, 22:26   Link #477
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL, gotta thank you G-lunatics yet again...You guys and your over-zealousness posting makes the day go by so quick at work...I read atleast 20 pages, so yeah...

Anyways, another remarkable ep with $hit no one knew was coming (Except maybe a few spoilertards)...Aoelia Schenberg in the flesh was just too much to chart...Mizushima is just slaying the audience each week with this stuff...I mean you'd think you'd have to wait til ep 50 to see something like this, but ep 22?? It slayed me...Dude was gettin' his Ted Williams cryogenic-suspended animation on like it was ALL GOOD...Dude really was gonna resurrect himself to oversee his new world (or so we think)...I thought the laffing by Alejandro was bit too cliche' shonen-villainy but I see it was used to make him feel like even a bigger fool with his gold-gun fantasy...

SO much $hit too cover, but even before Schenburg pwned that a$$ from purgatory this episode was hawt...From the GnX's beyblade technique, to the Throne ownage (literally and physically), to Gundam Exia's Kyuubbi-mode (Meh I wanted to be cool and say Kai-o-ken technique but it was used like ten times over)...This ep had lots of overwhelming stuff...I mean somewhere Andrew Waltfeltd (Lockon Google him^^) is sitting back pi$$ed off that someone else Gundamjacked a DAE-WOO ORANGE G-mecha and they actually showed how...Seems like this is a direct play on Gaia from last series...So does so much else, but that's a different story....I mean I know lots of people don't wanna hear comparisons, but if you watch certain elements of this show it's obvious to me they have taken numerous themes from GSD and simply executed them much better...From the terrorism angle, to the anti-hero leads, to the eradicating war with force, to the point about mirroring aspect's of today's waring-society (Oil, middle-east)...They're just executing all of this on a higher and more mature level with an added lack of predictability...I would not doubt that many staffers from last series whispered things into Mizushima's ear that pi$$ed them off from last series (I know just from reading people from that staff are doing stuff with this anime aswell)...

Moving on the pay-off of this episode, I guess I was kinda sad to see the Thrones get ended...First-off when the Enact found them they were already screwed since all Ali had to do was stomp on them and steal whatever he wanted....However in classic Ali form he baits them then coldly kills Micheal as he takes a glorified pleasure in making the kills his way...I thought it was cool the way his character design looked in this episode...We've seen the clean-cut, debonair Ali, the rugged pot-user bearded Ali, and now the elegant and regal Ali (They all kinda revert back to bloodlust Ali though when he suits up^^)... I mean Mizushima was right, because I don't think I could accept Ali's actions as much if he was an ugly or less dynamic character design, and this again is why Mizushima said he got Kouga to do the characters...It's just easier to swallow I guess...Unlike Johan's final seconds that got to me...

Now when I think back to the ep where he was sincerely puzzled by Setsuna attacking the Thrones...This guy really believed in being a Gundam Meister and that his role was significant in changing the world...Yeah he had psycho's for siblings but I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy as he seems as connected with his beliefs as does our main character...In the end Johan simply died the fate of one who pilots a Gundam...And to those who feel like maybe the Thrones didn't get enuff development before they got canned,...them the breaks...And that's why I love this series...Just like in life there are many soldiers with many great stories but once you get fragged that's it...It's all meaningless and I feel that Zeta-vibe with stuff like what happened to Johan and Micheal..."You f*kk up you die"...That has always been the sobering reality of the more realistic G-series and it's great to be able to see it again in a new series with my adult mind...

Next episode looks great too...It seems like anyone can die, and the fighting goes to another level if Trans-Am wasn't enuff...I wonder if I saw that preview correctly because it seems Ali has modified Zwei with some crude armaments which seems to make him fight more like a mobile armor (Tell me it doesn't look like he's flying Zwei like a MA in the preview)..Just showing the scene with Graham getting his GN FLAG equipped makes me wanna orgasm a bit, as I most certainly will when he next appears in it (Graham vs. Trans-AM?? )...Some minor flaws in the ep many have mentioned, but I just feel compelled by what I did enjoy to still give it a 10 outta 10...There's no way people reading spoilers are enjoying these eps as much as me...This ep was like Zeta meets F-91 right here...

Spoiler for 2 random thoughts:

Spoiler for Weekly Gundam Power Rankings:

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-03-10 at 23:39. Reason: syntax...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote