View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 12:18   Link #102
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Wouldn't that depend on what you see as his real personality? You could see the superficial facade he shows to everyone as his real personality, the one where he fights for justice and doing things the right way. If you do, then yes, that is a drastic change. But for me, his real personality was the one he was repressing, the one he was trying to deny by being a nice guy, the one who kept rationalizing his past actions and coming up with his excuses, so for me that isn't a drastic change at all.
Stop it with this. It's drastic. He changed drastically from his kid self, Lelouch said that. And now he drastically changed back.

The END.

Quote:
I believe it still hasn't met your standards of total equality that may someday happen if Suzaku just keeps at doing his job, which is what I believe you were trying to invoke by bringing up the comparison? I don't know, but I just don't see it. Instead, what about a better example if the founding fathers of America had just decided to say 'dammit, we're not being represented but we'll stick with it and hopefully, there'll be no discrimination or violence anymore between us and Britain?
'

I never said anything about total equality. That's absurd. At the very least, the America of NOW compared to the America of THEN is so drastically different in terms of discrimination, it shouldn't be funny.

THAT's what I'm talking about. That discrimination DOES and CAN fade.

Quote:
This was after he was mindraped by Mao, where it was stated that he secretly wished to die. So I find it intr how you can suddenly bring up an instance that comes ages after he joins the army and say that 'yes, this is the reason why he joined the army. It was because he had hope' when that wasn't even his reason in the first place. Maybe he did have hope after the incident with Mao, but it seems more to me that he's sorta stuck where he is and he can not atone for his dad's death in any other way except to prove that it was hopeless to defy the britainnians.
Mao mindrapes people. Would you expect him to tell you the complete truth or distort it to mess with your mind?

He did try to find a way to die, but he wanted his death to not be in vain. He doesn't want useless deaths.

Quote:
And Jesus style of combat?
Jesus-style of combat is Kira Yamato's fighting style in GSD:

Do NOT kill opponents and just disarm them so they can't fight anymore. Kill only when really needed.

Quote:
It also doesn't change the fact that Schneizel might not if there were other pragmatic reasons for him not to -_-
Yeah, but Schneizel WANTS to rule the Empire and he'd rather see it live long and prosper than continually in war with itself. Sound episode again.