View Single Post
Old 2012-04-14, 17:49   Link #220
ReY4Ever

When i first saw the epilogue, i immediately deducted it as a cane for the blind, and i still think it is (although i did notice some people also believe it to be a normal walking stick). I would go with the first, due to the way he holds it, and the color it has (red/white).

That aside, i did think of the partial blindness at some point (due to the same reasons you said), but at that time i couldn't really think of a reason why. However, i thought of 2 things that might explain it earlier today.

I fully agree with the reason you gave ("and serves more on the line of identifying the user's degraded sight"), why it should be his right eye.

So either the blindness comes from;

1. His right side of his body getting crystalized the most, which would be the more simple explanation, but would again leave us to guess about a few things.

or

2. When he took Souta's void, he also took the cancer. Souta was at that time unable to view trough his right eye (it was covered by crystals). Could it be that for some reason, he was already blind in his right eye before his battle with Gai even started? Or did the blindness only came a bit later? I do feel, that the connection with Souta has something to do with it, and it would actually explain it quite well (in the case of partial blindness ofcourse).

Another possibility (let it be full or partial blindness), might just be because of him injecting the Void Genome for a second time.