Thread: Civilization V
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-27, 04:07   Link #164
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Manage to clear a game last night playing as the Celt. With their faith bonus, you can jump ahead with the bonuses you get from religion early on. After i bought all the structure and spread my religion enough, i just stockpile faith point to buy Great Engineers later on.

The spy system is nice to flip city states alliance and steal tech though, after Genghis Khan and Ramses stop trying to double team me, my tech quickly overshadowed rest of em except for Ramses. Wish they let you sabotage produce or incite riot like Civ 3 though, cause it would have been great to stop Ramses from sniping wonders off me.

Tech tree got a bit of balancing such as UN got push to the very end, Nuclear sub is very far down the line as well. There's 3 tier of air units as opposed to 2 which is great because i rely on blitzkrieg tactic. You don't need coal for railroad anymore so it's much easier to get your transport network. Cities are way more resilient than i remembered though, so without arty and a good number of bombers, taking em is going to be painful.

Overall, a decent expansion but they need to add more spy options and i m surprised there's no religious victory considering how much effort they sunk into it.