View Single Post
Old 2008-09-05, 01:31   Link #226
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
So I believe that Alto's path is still to protect his beloved sky and the people he loves who lives under it, but killing the Vajra in it is perhaps not the best method. I think it was more to facilitate the peaceful ending with the Vajra than trying to hint at the love triangle.
Peaceful ending? I might have missed something because of language barriers, but what did Ozma tell the Macross Quarter crew for all to defect except the fact that Leon murdered President Glass? What does it have to do with the Vajra?

Quote:
On the topic of Alto x Sheryl, the scene with them left me wanting more. I believe Alto's feelings for Sheryl are real, and they are more of love than of pity. He would have probably confessed had Sheryl not told him that singing is her only reason to continue. Hearing her decision, he decided to support it, even though he didn't like it. He knows that she loves him, but singing until she dies is more important to her than he is to her. So he clamped down on his confession. And Sheryl would have confessed, if she didn't think Alto is only with her out of pity. They are still misunderstanding each other, which is pretty bitter sweet (and annoying k-drama like). But that will make the finale all the better when the finally shed off their skin and takes each other in their arms.
If there was an episode where everything should have been solved on love issues to seal everything (and throw the key), it should have been this one. I don't think there could be a more perfect moment than this one to confess everything and all out. I am saying that because the most important matter is coming ahead: battling Grace, Leon's dictatorship or vicious Vajra. It would have been better to finish with one issue before focusing to the biggest one.

That's why I hate when things go down to the wire.

Quote:
A Ranka x Alto ending at this stage seems impossible. I disagree with the whole "surprise" argument. First off, it wasn't Kawamori who said it but Alto's VA. Second, Kawamori will not resolve the triangle just for the sake of a surprise. His is the brilliant work that comes with a message and I cannot fanthom what kind of message a Ranka x Alto ending would be right. Sure, he'll spin us around and ping pongs us back and forth, but will always end up in the right place.
Even thinking of a Ranka x Alto ending would be illogical and not fitting into any mood. As you said, what kind of message would it give? Whatever it is, it would be a shallow message.

Kawamori already played with my mind too often in the past when things got back and forth between Van and Allen about Hitomi's feelings in Escaflowne. But at least we could already feel it was already over (on the love issue) with 2-3 episodes left back then, which is not quite the case here because there's still the possibility of Sheryl dying.