View Single Post
Old 2010-06-27, 01:52   Link #304
brocko

What a let down, the whole show pretty much didn't make any sense. In fact I kinda gave up halfway on it making sense anymore and was just waiting for that one saving grace that could've been but even then it still fell short.

Giant plot hole aside, the whole revelation behind Tenshi echoed a little bit of Seven Pounds for me, not trying to detract it because of that though just wanted to point out the parallel i noticed.

The romance as people have been saying was downright forced and pretty much came out of nowhere. The back story was a little heart tugging i admit but the crux of it relied heavily on an established romance between the two which just wasn't there so it fell short of what it could've been.

The little epilogue after also felt like one big cheesy attempt at an ambiguous pseudo happy end. Little bit of a cop out if you ask me, but that's more of a general gripe i have and not really a specific one targeted solely at Angel Beats.

And for those speculating whether KyoAni should've been at the reins, Maede already had P.A Works in mind to do Angel Beats after he saw what they did with True Tears. I don't think KyoAni would've done too much of a better job anyway.

Angel Beats overall is an incomplete work and even the producers acknowledged that themselves by trying to make some pseudo excuse in the form of it being a multi-media project.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.