View Single Post
Old 2011-05-22, 17:27   Link #164
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Which they considered lucky for her. I mean, that's what they were there for, right?

You forget the PTA member who saw her. (And apparently did nothing to help her... Well, whatever.)
I somehow doubt that the word spread that fast purely because someone on the PTA saw and reported her. That would get her in trouble with the school, but I think they'd try to keep things quiet. I suspect it's a bit of a combination of her getting busted and her friends either talking about how she'd gotten together with a guy or speculating that that's why she'd been called in. Anyway, her "friends" obviously didn't know her too well if they just assumed that she'd be glad to take the night to the next level. It should have been rather obvious to the girls that she was not used to that sort of thing, not to mention that her behavior at various times should have told them that there's a guy on her mind. Still, Naruko herself was a little ignorant of her friends' intentions here; if she paid enough attention to them and the things they were saying to recognize what the hopeful outcome of the meeting was, then she most certainly would not have agreed to leave together with the guy. Anyway, she was very lucky here. In that sort of situation she might have even had trouble getting rape charges taken seriously. Her outfit, the situation that had led to the incident, and plenty of other factors would make it look like she was giving the OK. Plenty would think she'd gotten mad about something and decided to either get back at the guy or get something from him through the charge.

Either way, it's horrible for her that one stupid mistake that she got rescued from turned her into a sl*t in the eyes of almost everyone in school.