View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 23:58   Link #5193
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Give me moar! Make it burn...!........

Why, people, don't look at me like that, we keep coming back to read this novel of pain, we're all clearly strange.

And I don't get the Hilde thing either. That excerpt alone is really off. But it's not as if everyone isn't acting comletely weird anyways, so it's not a surprise really :/

---

As for Katrina and her stint on teen mom season 15324... yeah, sure, age differences aren't weird in certain settings such as Thrones or anything up until, uhm, the 1900s upwards I guess.
But those are usually NOT happy unions. If you want to quote Daenerys or somesuch, come on. That was odd and very situational. And even then there are psychological concerns involved. That's hardly a happy love story.
These unions are usually arranged and make girls very unhappy.
Also, despite the 1850-1900 touch of GW, it's set in a modern, advanced society with modern gender roles and attitudes, thus the whole thing seems strange, sorry.
However it still does happen even in todays society. We hear about Younger Women/Men getting married to much older celebs fairly often.

Am I into it? No, but by no means is it something completely out of the realm of acceptiablilty or shocking.

This honestly is another case of something about the novel that is being made into something way bigger then it should be. I have several issues with it like most people, but given how other Gundam novels go this one isn't striking me as anything more offensive then what we get out of stuff like Unicorn.

For instance, Haman was 22 and fell in love with Judau at 14. The gap isnt' as big true, but still it's over half way to Eric and Sabrina age, and that is already to much for me and most people. Yet I don't remember the AGE being the big issue with Haman and Judau.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2013-02-14 at 00:09.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote