View Single Post
Old 2013-10-20, 13:18   Link #90
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Rather, I specifically explained that within the context of the story being told (which is a Naruto-centric story), he was ultimately a diversion.

Let me reorient the current discussion: if Kabuto/Zombies were to have been completely removed from this war, would the central story have really lost anything?
i couldn't disagree more. you could technically look at any character in any series and call them a diversion and say someone else could have done what they have done if you switch things around and mentally rewrite the story. the fact is that kabuto was what he was and did what he did. first off, he's the reason madara is around which is HUGE and should be needless to say. secondly he was his own undoing by means of edo-itachi. kabuto was so powerful and his edo-tensei was so insanely complete that he was more powerful than the entire ninja world combined including obito and whatever he had at his disposal. not only was kabuto a sage and had many characters' bloodline limits, he had tools of the caliber of nagato, itachi, madara, etc.. and let's not forget that even the edo-jinchuurikis that obito was using were kabutos. and as you said, he's responsible for the juubi getting the kyuubi chakra. he even increased zetsu's fighting capability and seeing as how zetsu was merely fodder, he must have been REALLY weak before kabuto enhanced him. kabuto was also responsible for sasuke's change of heart since he technically reunited the brothers. and before anyone jumps on me saying hashirama changed his heart, it was actually both itachi and hashirama. itachi changed him from insane to neutral and hashirama changed him from neutral to 'good' again.

and just to say, i'm not defending the story of the edo-tensei army because i think it sucked and would rather it didn't happen, but it did and it was insanely powerful and did in fact alter the course of the story in many significant ways, the least of which was probably giving closure to many 'evil' characters who turned out to have a heart after all. again, something i dislike but it's there
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote