View Single Post
Old 2006-06-21, 01:25   Link #231
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by diopter
Why? In case one has not realized by now, the story revolves around small, minute changes as opposed to sudden change of personality. If Kyon suddenly complimented Haruhi's singing openly to Haruhi, I'd be disappointed. I really liked how KyoAni showed us the viewers Kyon's true impression of Haruhi's singing by him tapping his finger, following the rhythm of the song. It's these subtle points that make the anime (and the novel) stand out from the rest of the crop.
I agree with you totally. I don't think it would be out of character for Kyon to have said, "You can sing really well." I think he could have said it, Haruhi would have died of shock from being complimented by Kyon, and then I would have jumped out of my chair for joy. *cries*

Truth-kun, I understand exactly what you're saying. Kyon's eyes and facial expression told me everything that I wanted to hear. It was awesome. I just wish Haruhi could have heard it from him.

And yeah aodu, I've listened to a few songs from other anime series where headphones were definitely a necessity.