View Single Post
Old 2004-07-23, 09:12   Link #41
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Don't get me wrong: Motherland is a great song. However, the person that decided to make it an ending for Fullmetal Alchemist must have been smoking something good. While I enjoy listening to the full-length version, it really kills the mood of the episode that I had just watched, as buuZero said.

I just got the full-length version of Rewrite (fourth opening, Asian Kung-Fu Generation) and I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT! It's easily as good as Undo and Ready Steady Go. I've always loved Kung-fu's vocalist, not only in Haruka Kanata but solo songs such as Flashback and 12. Rewrite is no exception. The song is much, much better than that 33 second segment lets on. The verses are the best part of the song: they have a really 'well, this is the end of our journey, it was fun' feel. They're calm but a little angsty, and the song builds up until you reach the chorus, which is also great! I think I like this song more than Haruka Kanata. Wow. I wonder how the TV version will sound, but whatever they do with it, it'll be great. It is really fitting for FMA as well

As I have said before, I hope Sowelu doesn't pull a Crystal Kay here. I love Tobira no Mukou He and especially Kesenai Tsumi. Both were so full of angst and pain that they did the Elrics justice Oh well, we can only hope and pray... but here's one person who'll be downloading the 42 raw this weekend

Last edited by Fighter Volk; 2004-07-23 at 09:26. Reason: Typo