View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 18:52   Link #222
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
I personally liked that Maeda tried to write a script for an anime. To me, it seems that most creative people in Japan nowadays are thinking: "I'll just make a manga/game/light novel, and when it becomes popular, it'll get an anime adaptation." If you look at upcoming anime, more and more of them are just adaptations, and I've checked. For the last year, we're lucky to get three original anime series a season. I think we had two this season.
Aniplex invited Maeda to create Angel Beats! (their attempt to feed off the popularity of Key) and not the other way around. Ideally, we'd like fresh blood in the industry and more original works, but creators have little control over that. Many others would probably jump at the opportunity if given a chance.

Quote:
Can we all just agree that this suffered the same fate as Umineko? It appears that if you do not prepare for 5 years Taking in consideration how fucking long Fairy tail took to come out for example. Shows of this epically vast caliber will simply choke with an insufficiently allocated budget.
While both suffered from inadequate length, the situations are very different. With Angel Beats!, the onus was on the writer to invent a concept that fit within 13 episodes (similarly, people writing original OVAs, movies, and 26 episode series have to create concepts that fit within the allocated time. If you're allocated 26 episodes, you don't plan a movie length scenario), whereas with Umineko, they were forced into adapting Ep.1-4 of the original work.