View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 13:43   Link #1118
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Like I said there are a hell of a lot more hormonal teenagers in an Academy for teenagers than there are psychos and extremists in an army. And considering we've just seen a titular character effortlessly illustrate why guns should never be given to children, I think it's pretty obvious why simply saying "because of an extrance exam" isn't good enough. An entrance exam and training can't possibly filter out all the teenagers who are irresponsible with guns because then that would leave no one. On the other hand people in the army are mature adults who are far less likely to do something stupid with a gun.
You're right.

If I gave every teenager in the world a gun, they'd have a big shoot-out because of their hormones.

Irresponsibility with guns doesn't mean they kill people. Nobody except general populace cares that they're irresponsible with guns as long as they don't kill people.

And people can be trained to be responsible with guns. Why don't child soldiers take their guns and turn on their own? Social taboo, upbringing, socialization, many things act as hindrances to Butei blasting their guns at normal people. Even those abnormal people don't want to be hated.

Even if they are trigger happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Now I'm not going to say all light novels are bad, Nisioisin for instance is pretty good. But this show does fit the "generic light novel" mold that's been coming out from JC Staff a lot lately. And of course just because you lampshade the clichéd elements of your show doesn't make it any less clichéd.
Cliche doesn't make something bad. I respect your opinion on thinking this is mediocre, but cliche is something that some people like, and some people hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
How many times have I seen a Rie Kugiyama voiced loli with a prickly attitude "enslave" some snarky guy before? How many times have I seen the setting of a "combat school", particularly in a LN adaptation?
Let's see...a few times for Kugyuu, except I don't see the characters as the same because just because they're lolis and tsundere doesn't mean that they act the same.

I like Kinji far better than any of the other heroes, too.

As for combat school in an LN adaptation. I'm going to guess, twice.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote