Thread: Needless
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-31, 07:05   Link #7800
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skieth View Post
Do you think Cruz would have been a more interesting character if would have had a Needles power right from the start of the series, regardless of what it would have been or (might) be?
Absolutely not. One of my favorite (if not my favorite) things about Needless is that Cruz does not have any powers, yet he's the main character. Had Cruz had a power from the start that grew with his character, it would've been like any run-of-the-mill shounen fight series. But one of the charms of Needless is that Cruz has to deal with all these problems and overcome them without any sort of power and that's unique to Needless. He's the weakest character in the entire series yet he does everything to help the strongest. Plus the fact that he has no power has led characters to treat him differently compared to other Needlesses. It has impacted his development in a way you don't see in most other manga/anime. Plus, it gives us a different perspective seeing the world and battles through his eyes. I know most of the time I spend my time talking about the Girls Squad or coming up with random ass theories but Cruz w/o a power is one of my favorite things about Needless. I've also come to the point where I am okay with him having a power now (after watching him rush in and save Blade from Strom), so don't expect me to go on a rampage if/when he does get one.