Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular (WATAMOTE)
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-11, 03:48   Link #782
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Do you mean that the act of creating clubs itself is being unrealistic or do you refer to unrealistic clubs being created? If you meant the former:
I meant the latter. I can't see the schools supporting the existence of pointless clubs like the "SOS Brigade" or the "Going home club" whose only purpose is that of giving a background for the stereotypical harem/moe anime/light novel. In fact, in a different genre of manga and anime, the sports one, the school being about to shut down a perfectly legitimate club just because it's not achieving good enough results or it has not enough members is a common (if opposite) plot device.

I tend to think that truth probably lies in the middle. In "Hikaru no Go" the main character went to a very average school, Haze, which had an amateurish go club with few members and which gathered in the unused science lab in the afternoon thanks to the kindness of a teacher. Believable enough, for an unsuccessful club which still had a reasonable "theme". That manga felt quite realistic (well, ghosts aside), so I guess it's probably something close enough to the truth.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote