View Single Post
Old 2008-09-30, 00:30   Link #1077
MFSxA

With all due respect, a salute is a salute, you don't need to have a degree in molecular biology to know that the VF made a salute contra-distinguished from the "yo" hand sign in the movie episode.

In the same vein, Sheryl made a salute back. If it was a "yo" what would be her reaction? Another "yo" or her making a verbal statement such as: "hey, hello, yo."

Take it for what it is.

Further the symbolism of a salute is very important. One should ask oneself, why do I salute? In simple terms it is a sign of respect and recognition to a higher degree. In a military environment we add superiority, especially to a higher ranked officer.

Really good use of a homage there for Sheryl. She deserved it either way, the way she acted and held up till the end.

Sheryl, Belldandy, and Rei Ayanami will always be the most memorable anime females in my book. Now if only there was a series with an anime female who is strong, determined, and has a strong self-control like Sheryl; dutiful, kind, and compassionate as Belldandy; mysteriously attractive as Rei Ayanami; and of course the common denominator of looking good - then i'm ready for my next addiction.

5/10 for me. My preference, because if I lose I lose - if I win I win, leaving the triangle unresolved is fail for me.

Gonna wait for the movie and other installments in the future. Good thing my addiction to Rei Ayanami pics is gonna keep me busy at least for this week. They better not f@ck up rebuild of evangelion.

Maybe i'll make an analysis on the characters, just that everything went too fast by the end.

Later or rather till the next installment.