View Single Post
Old 2011-11-01, 00:31   Link #3267
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Now that SD@KC finished, let's see how I did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Indianapolis at Tennessee, Winner: Tennessee. Justification: Obvious. Indianapolis has high standards to aspire to in the "Suck for Luck" competition, so they can't afford a win here.
About as expected.

Quote:
New Orleans at St. Louis, Winner: New Orleans. Justification: What I said for Indianapolis also applies for St. Louis, so Obvious.
If there's anything that can be said about this, its that Rams really know how to throw a spanner into the works every now and then.

Quote:
Miami at New York (Giants), Winner: Miami. Justification: My contrarian pick of the week, because strange things sometimes happen.
Yeah, the Deadfish came too close and Manning lived way too dangerously for the Giants streak of victory to be going on much longer after this week.

Quote:
Los Angeles at Carolina, Winner: Carolina. Justification: though the Dons aren't all that likely to move to LA until 2013, they still suck so this is a loss for them. This also makes the NFC South look a bit more feisty.
Dons are looking a bit feisty, that's good for when they start playing in LA.

Quote:
Arizona at Baltimore, Winner: Baltimore. Justification: Ravens have no offense, but the Cards have nothing…
Raves also be living too dangerously, gonna make em fall hard somewhere down the road.

Quote:
Jacksonville at Houston, Winner : Houston. Justification: The Texans are going to make the playoffs this year, a win here supports the narrative I have going.
Went as planned.

Quote:
Washington at Buffalo, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: Buffalo has no Defense, but the Redskins aren't going anywhere…
I stand corrected, Buffalo does have defense, somehow.

Quote:
Detroit at Denver, Winner: Detroit. Justification: Detroit finally manages to get it's fifth win, but since it'll be a narrow victory coming at the end of the game, there'll still be this big feeling of inadequacy surrounding the Lions franchise. Meanwhile said narrow loss win only inflate Tebow's strange legend in Denver even further.
The Lions more or less annihilated the Broncs, which went against my prediction, while Tebow's strange legend grew further and become memetic, which does go with my prediction.

Quote:
New England at Pittsburgh, Winner: New England. Justification: Rapistburger can't into Tom Brady, and also expect Pittsburgh to begin a three game losing streak here.
So Rapistburger CAN into Tom Brady, I was wrong here. It's starting to look like Pittsburgh is playing the role I had anticipated New England here in my narrative for this season, which potentially makes the Super Bowl very interesting…

Quote:
Cleveland at San Francisco, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: The Browns are shit, expect the Niners to give 'em a good bashing.
Browns got bashed, though not as much as everyone here probably expected. Oh well, a wins a win, no matter how ugly it is.

Quote:
Cincinnati at Seattle, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: Will people stop treating the Seahawks as anything but the mediocre team that they are?
There, Seattle is a bad team now, deal with it. The implication of the Bungles doing good also has some rather interesting implications should they get to the Super Bowl…

Quote:
Dallas at Philadelphia, Winner: Nobody. Justification: Both teams are shit, so who gives a fuck? Expect Choko to throw at least three interceptions and for Philadelphia's fans to riot in the stands while nobody cares.
Let's see, Philadelphia fans rioting? Check(Since when have they ever not rioted?). Tony Choko throwing Interceptions galore? Check. Sunday Night Blowout? Check. Victory by the Eagles after a bye Check. Da Iggles further stirring the shitbowl that is the NFC East and ensuring that only one team in the division has a record over .500 at midseason. Fucking Check. Enjoy you're mediocracy NFC East fans, because this is things are going to be for a long time.

Quote:
San Diego at Kansas City, Winner: Kansas City. Justification: The AFC West is a charnel house, and the Chargers aren't good enough to dominate the division anymore, a loss here would leave the division up for grabs for everyone halfway through the season.
Exactly as planned…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote