Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 07:57   Link #1501
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
I confess that I might have let my dislike of his character influence my interpretation, but he's simply a character I can't ever come to terms with. So far, it helps that Tachi's "selflessness" is portrayed as something pathological, but with just that to go on, his character is still impossible for me to empathize with. We're going to need much more substance to it if he is to be seen as a human character.
Eh, I don't see any reason to hate Taichi. I can be just as interested in a good character as I can in darker ones, as long as they're portrayed as complex or conflicted, anything that doesn't make me think they're just another copy out of the overused bag of male leads. For that reason I'm not too interested in Taichi, because for now he's still way to similar to hundreds of other male leads, but at least they're trying to give a new spin to the whole "white knight" character, even if they make him follow the role too closely at times. Actually all the characters are pretty archetypical, but they're handled in a way that doesn't make them clichéd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Obviously, it only represents a part of the person's actual feelings, but why should that have to mean that such things can just be dismissed?
I didn't say dismissed but that "an emotional outburst is only a part of how a person truly feels and it doesn't necessarily hold true in its entirety". Think of when people say they hate eachother when they get angry. That may hold true at that moment, but emotions regain their complexity in a calmer state of mind. That doesn't mean they don't hate anything about the person, just that the current emphasized emotion overshadowed other feelings.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-08-22 at 08:01. Reason: added a bit more
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote