View Single Post
Old 2006-06-14, 17:57   Link #8
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
I guess it would have been asked earlier, but I didn't find anything - I understand in original game there is only bgm, without voice actress, I know also there is going to be released PS2 version with seiyuu, is there a chance that this version will be released also for PC? (my Japanese doesn't let me play the game with text only and I don't have PS2 ;/)
Most likely not, since that'll make it a reverse port, which will conflict with the original sound novel on PC.

If you prefer listening to the story rather than reading it, you can always look to the Higurashi Drama CDs. These CDs practically contains the entire game in audio format, with seiyuus (the same ones in the anime) faithfully reproducing all the dialogues and narrations from the game.

Right now, drama CDs for Onikakushi-hen and Watanagashi-hen are out, and Tatarigoroshi-hen is soon to be released (6/28).

Just to give you an idea on the massive size of each game chapter, the voiced Onikakushi-hen is spread out across 3 audio CDs, while both Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi-hen took 4 CDs to cover!

=============
Oh yeah, for those of you who's interested, the trial version of the game is available for download again:
http://07th-expansion.net/Soft/Taiken.htm

The trial version contains the entire Onikakushi-hen, so if you want to read the chapter in it's original form, or if you're just curious to know what the original game is like, then give it a download.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote