Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-09-28, 13:56   Link #2004
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Matrim's right that Furoe's feelings for Aaeru weren't that overt, and at first were just admiration of her flying. But in addition to Futaba-chan's points, how about the full-on kiss Furoe gave Aaeru when she was trying to teach her what love was?

The thing that struck me about Neviril and Aaeru in the latter part of the series was that they seemed somehow distant...
Spoiler for eps25-26:
Thank you so much to atosaki (and to warainagara) for the translation. Now I think I understand the Japanese, AS (Nishida Asakao) said she wrote it herself, in the style of the mangaka Hoshi Poemu 星ぽえ夢. Unwilling to leave well enough alone, I have made my own rather loose translation:

I might have chosen a place other than this,
But I accept my life here.

I could have remained where all my friends are,
But with the one I love, I abandoned everything and flew away to the other shore I had dreamed of since I was young.

To be a shoujo is not forever. A shounen has his freedom taken from him and goes off to fight.
You...and you...are another possibility. A choice I did not make.
I, living in the real world, and I, the shoujo in a dream,
We will never touch, and our eternal love will not come to fruition.
But that is no misfortune. It is such a sweet, nostalgic memory.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote