View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 12:20   Link #8
Deathscyther

Hmm, seems like a nice challenge

Quote:
There's something in this world that no one has ever seen. It's something kind and very sweet. If people could see it, they would probably want it. That's why the world hit it; So that it wouldn't be so easy to find. But someday, someone will definitely find it. The one who is supposed to find it, will be the one to find it. That's just how it is.
I'll give a long summary first of the anime. This is kind of how I percieved the story:

Spoiler for story summary:

"There's something in this world that no one has ever seen."
"It's something kind and very sweet."

I think friendship and love are indeed possibilities, but I think there's a even bigger meaning to it. What about happiness?

Friendship could be something what would make someone truly happy, while other people wouldn't really care about something so trivial. Same with love. Some people live to find their significant other and to start a family.

So I'd say the meaning of these two sentences will differ from person to person.

In Toradora! both Ryuuji and Taiga felt like nobody understood them and that nobody wanted them.
- Taiga was abandoned by her family and was living alone. She created the 'Palmtop Tiger' in order to save herself from being hurt ever again;
- Ryuuji didn't have a father and a childish mother. The people who didn't know him were scared of him. He thinks he brought his mother only misery and sadness by being born.

When Ryuuji and Taiga finally met each other, they realized that they were the same. They did understand each other. It wasn't much, but it was enough to continue on the road of life.

In time and after many problems along the way, they made friends, fell in love with each other and found out that they were happy with just being together.

"If people could see it, they would probably want it."
"That's why the world hid it"
"So that it wouldn't be so easy to find."

There is no such thing as true happiness. Happiness depends on the individual. You have to make/grasp your own happiness.

You can't see the happiness of another person so easily, because if differes from person to person. Often people even have trouble finding out what would make themselves truly happy. Only life experience and just trying your best will help you with this quest.

If there was something which could be seen and what would make everybody happy, then people would indeed fight over it, because everyone wants to be happy, right?

In Toradora! everyone was just searching for happiness as well:
-Ryuuji and Taiga just didn't want to be alone anymore and wanted to be understood;
-Minorin wanted to achieve her goals and to see her friends happy;
-Ami wanted people to see and accept the real her, even if it wasn't love.

But it wasn't always easy. An example: Even though Taiga tried to help Minorin by giving up Ryuuji, her own happiness, she didn't realise that this wouldn't make Minorin happy. Minorin has her own goals and has to grasp her own happiness.

“However, someday, someone will find it.”
“The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it.”
"That's just how it is."

Happiness won't fall out of the sky if you just wish for it. You'll have to work for your happiness. Everyone has his/her own problems in life and sad things will happen no matter what. If you just stand by and watch, nothing will change. But if you work hard enough, you'll find the happiness you deserve. What is the happiness you deserve? Only you yourself can determine how happy you are.

In Toradora!:
-Ryuuji and Taiga worked hard to get people to understand them and to be there for each other, in the end they managed to make up with their families as well;
-Minorin was working hard to achieve her goals in life;
-Kitamura was working hard to be with his love and for his friends;
-Ami worked hard to make others notice and accept her real self after meeting Ryuuji and co;
-Yasuko was working hard for her son's happiness, which in turn would make her happy;

So yeah, my answer is happiness.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2009-03-28 at 12:42. Reason: typos :/
Deathscyther is offline   Reply With Quote