View Single Post
Old 2010-10-28, 23:50   Link #8
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

The first episode started out exactly as anticipated with Rihoko's arc, which revolves around her desire to diet and fondness for Junichi, being told from her perspective. Hopefully each episode we'll learn more about their childhood. Speaking of, it was pretty funny to see the difference between her recollections and those of Junichi the day they played magic together as kids at the playground. She probably liked him back then and wanted Junichi to truly think of her as a princess. The first episode did reinforce my initial impression of her though as being slightly airheaded, weak-willed and clumsy.

Just like Hibiki watches over Haruka, it seems Kanae's relationship with Rihoko is quite similar. I have a feeling if she wouldn't be there for her in the mornings, Rihoko would miss a lot of school

When he saw Rihoko stuck, I'm pretty sure Junichi saw her panties, but said the right thing to calm her down. He did score brownie points for thinking of Rihoko when he widened the hole so she could comfortably make it through the next day. Hopefully that boast in confidence will lead to improved compliance towards her goals.

Considering Rihoko knows how to cook, she should be able to prepare some healthier foods that she can bring to school so she isn't tempted to buy unhealthy snacks. But it seems Rihoko will have a lot of support from various characters, mainly Kanae and Junichi. It was sly of Kanae to organize a "skate date" with Junichi and Umehara and, judging from her smile, Rihoko was aware of Kanae's intention to get her close to Junichi.

I think the most interesting moment was when Umehara stated the girl Junichi liked the most in the book resembled Rihoko. It was also interesting to see that Miya really didn't appear much in this first episode outside of Rihoko's memories. I suppose Miya is paired with Sae in terms of best friends, and Rihoko is buddied up with the new girl, Kanae.