View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 08:34   Link #161
Lycodrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
KYH took an interest in Haru because of his considerable skill as a gamer.

KYH fell in love with Haru because of certain aspects of Haru's personality. Even by the time of her throwing herself in front of a car for him, these aspects of Haru's personality had been made clear to her. It's easy to forget this, but KYH is one of those "Student Celebrities" that you see so much of in anime. And I find in anime that a surefire way to win over a "Student Celebrity" is by being totally non-pretentious and basically not acting like an insane fanboy/fangirl around them (and honestly, this makes some sense to me - real life celebrities often grow tried of people swooning crazily over them, and tend to really appreciate the company of everyday people that treat them as another human being). So much of what caused Haru to win over KYH was his complete sincerity with her, and him treating her with genuine caring and respect (rather than overbearing fanboying).

It's probably true that KYH finds Haru's physical appearance cute - From KYH's perspective, he probably looks a bit like a big, fluffy, stuffed toy. I can see somebody going for that (especially in a culture that emphasizes cuteness as much as Japan's does).

But I doubt that's the main reason why KYH took a liking to Haru. I mean, if Haru looked like Taku, KYH would probably still love him for his gaming abilities and personality.
I entirely agree with you here, Triple R.
Thank you for stating it. ^^