View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 10:34   Link #120
Mitsuho
No Member

Thank you Kudryavka for making this thread.

I passed through a weeaboo phase during my chuunibyou period. Even now I suffer from communication errors. Errors of privilege, pride, pretentiousness. Shame on me for being so weak; being no where near sophisticated enough to act a good deal of degrees closer to your stereotype of me but instead hemorrhaging my pretensions over you.

White is a slur (PDF), yet I wear it, identify with it, and suffer guilt under it. As a child I could do naught but throw myself into a culture where I don't fit to atone for my skin, beauty, and privilege. Whites made the prettiest slaves.

I am not a caucasian. I've never been to the caucasus.

I come to this thread today having been banned from another forum for saying, "Now you're a normalfag AND a namefag." What exactly, is problematic about this language? Is it not the same as getting 'too worked up' over being called 'white.'
Spoiler for Obfuscated potentially offensive content to prove a point about white+Japanese.:
If you are offended by my question here, please read on.

Wapanese is a race. I'd like you to pause for a moment and think about the difference between plural and singular. Does the collective human race take the singular verb or not? If I take poetic licence and allude to its plurality of membership and make-up by using the plural I am violating rules of grammar. It acts like a singular. Stereotypes are the same. A singular that no one human can be.

A question we could ask anyone has now emerged. How human are you? Do you belong to the group called humans? Now what about weeaboo. How weeaboo are you?

A faggot, in it's archaic usage is a bundle of sticks. Homosexuals were burned in a fire along with witches for the crime of not fitting in. How many faggots wasn't a question about how many homosexuals were burned, but how many bundles of sticks were needed to burn the heretics properly. Please now consider the leap to the saying, "Die in a fire." 'Please leave the community as you are not wanted.' No doubt it is derogatory. Faggot is also a singular (bundle) which has memberships (sticks). How much of a stick are you?

The channer usage has migrated so far to me as to be as innocuous as being called average. Namefag = who you are is taking precedence over what you are doing. Past work under your name creates a bias to the value of your current production in the absence of critical review. Normalfag = you are a member of humanity. No one is dying in a fire anymore. What is being insulted here, and being burned at the stake, is one's pretensions that their output is anything better than the community norm. Essentially 'fag' has become synonymous in that community with 'person.'

Intersectionality is "the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination." What is acting black? If I act Japanese, what am I TAKING from you?

Thanks again to Kudryavka for making and curating this thread. It's rough to think that everything we do is oppressing someone. Every annoyance we feel could be rooted in someone not being animesuki enough, not being X enough, or being too religious.

Does anyone here self identify as wapanese or a weeaboo?
Mitsuho is offline   Reply With Quote