View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 08:37   Link #136
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
1) I have only read 65-70, and 1-33...what DOES Chairman Suoh do, anyway? I know he runs the school...but I don't think I understand why he is so powerful otherwise. Fill an idiot in?
Now that you mention it, I don't really know where the Suoh's wealth comes from. And you can't make that much money just from being a superintendent... can you? If it's ever mentioned, I missed it. I just know that they're fabulously wealthy. And that Tamaki's grandmother is super uncool.

Now I'm going to wonder what kind of horrible things the Suoh family has done to obtain their vast fortune.

Quote:
2) what is your favorite moment(s) of the manga?

Mine: Well, one of them is when Kyoya presses Haruhi against the bed, and she shows no fear, in fact, says "there's no profit in it for you..." So funny. And, well, all of chapter 33. I think Kyoya is becoming one of my favorite characters. Hmm, fanfict him....
lol, I've always loved that moment you mentioned. Personally, I have very fond memories of when the host club met Haruhi's father for the first time. Priceless. I usually love everything involving Kyoya too, though -- he's probably my favorite club member after Tamaki. And speaking of Tamaki, his Inner Mind Theater is also right up there in my favorite moments. It gets me every time. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Lest we forget, going separate ways doesn't mean that they won't see each other ever again.
Of course not; I doubt they can go for too long without at least hanging out once in a while. Or maybe they'll end up working right next door to each other. I still can't picture Honey as some sort of serious business scientist or something without giggling a little. It's a funny mental image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M!rage View Post
i agree with u ^^ .. but i have got a feeling that it is gonna have a tragic end ><
Naaaaaah, don't worry about that. If Ouran has a downer ending, I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but it'll be memorable. Eat both my shoes, maybe? At most, I think the manga might end on a slightly ambiguous note similar to the anime. It appears that things are finally beginning to wrap up, and since it's keeping the same tone the rest of the manga has had, there's no need to worry about a tragedy. I can't wait to see how everything is going to play out in the end. ;>
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote