Thread: Crunchyroll White Album (All Episodes, 1-26)
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-18, 12:04   Link #1099
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetear View Post
...but I'd ask, what exactly do you expect him to do?

People have wants and needs, and they don't disappear merely because they're inconvenient.

Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like people expect him to endure isolation for an absentee girlfriend. He tried that, and started coming apart. He tried staying busy, and people he cared about ended up becoming collateral damage. He tried talking to anyone that would listen to him, but one is a teenager who thinks he's just fantasizing and another is an ice queen who doesn't know how to be there emotionally for a person. Humans are social animals, and the alienation Touya is being forced through does destroy people.

I hear him being called weak or wishy-washy or a cry baby. He's just human. I think maybe people are letting the extraordinariness of his circumstances distract them from the fact that he's just a guy, and he's desperately lonely.

-Firetear
There are simple reasons that people are annoyed with Touya and i feel some of it is jutified.

If you want a matter resolved you need to actually attempt to do it. Touya has not done anything to clear things up with Yuki and make his position clear he lets all the influences in the world dictate his actions. I call him weak because he is weak minded he does not think things threw hes along for the ride and that does not solve problems.

Touya needs to take control of his life and what he wants he needs to get the determination to say I will decide whats best for me if Yuki decides im not good for her career then its over. Yuki has not made that choice and Touya is listening to all the people he shouldn't and not listening to himself.

Yes Touya is very human and makes mistake but what separates him from being a strong lead and weak lead is if he learns from him mistakes and takes the bull by the horns. Nothing will change if he does not try its ok for him to cry sometimes we need to but when its over you get back up and try. Using people are a crutch to forget your problems only leads to a dependency issue which he is already developing.

I will not accept the teenager argument because hes not he is young adult. He does not have family support but sooner or later in life you have to stop using that as an excuse. Honestly Touya has had at least 3 chances to talk to Yuki in the past 3 episodes and it might be more but he has not. I have seen the argument that he and Yuki are broken up so its ok for him to be comforted by Yayoi thats BS im sorry. Does Yuki know or think they are broken up? have they ever had a proper talk about it? If their relationship was over in terms they both agreed on i would have no problem with him getting some nookie from Yayoi as a SINGLE guy but that is not the case and because he cant deal with his problems he distracts himself by working on others problems or by hooking up Yayoi. This appraoch has a bad end there is no way it can end well and he could end up becoming very introverted because of it.

I hear what you are saying and understand but you have to draw a line in the sand at some point with pity being one side and ass kicking on the other and thats what he needs right now a kick in the ass to get him moving and do what he needs to do no more self pity Touya has the potential to be mentally strong he has potential but in the end its his choice to play the victim till the end or become the man he can be.