View Single Post
Old 2011-03-21, 19:55   Link #259
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I think a better way to attest characters' popularity would be checking places like: pixiv, 2ch, moeren, and similar boards/forums...
from what I could see, Laura fanarts-pics material had an instant-boom from eps 8-9, so... and lots of recent "overseas" forum-polls also have Laura as 2nd-3rd favourite.
Even nyantype/megami scans were all about LauraxCharlotte...
You can't deny 33k voters though. In my opinion, this has much more of a presence than "overseas" polls. That being said, I think the voting started before the Charlotte episode, so I'd imagine that a lot of the voters are light novel readers or everyone likes Charlotte's design. Not to mention that Cecilia is second behind Charlotte in Pixiv as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
I'm amazed that Charlotte is during so well. I mean she's ok, but I don't understand why shes that popular. (Not trying to be a troll, just curious as to what you all see in her)
Probably depends on personal opinion, but for me, it's that she's very sweet, somewhat genre savvy, and dere without the tsun [which is a really big deal for me in this anime especially]. She's just the right combination of a lot of good traits. Hanazawa Kana doesn't hurt either.