View Single Post
Old 2007-05-12, 15:20   Link #324
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

LOGH = Legend of Galactic Heroes, IMO the best sci-fi anime ever. No 'super robots' that can shred a thousand battleships in a single shot *cough*Gundam*cough*; this anime has its battles fought and won in numbers, tactics, and logistics, just like any other real war. Add in political schemes and backstabbing, and you have an epic space opera in your hands.

I myself stopped at ~eps 75, but that's only because I wanted to marathon the final episodes all in one go. It's already been completely subbed in English via HK DVDs, but IMO Central Anime's subs are the only way to go. Since the plot is so complicated, speedsub quality subtitles from the Hong Kong DVDs leave you with understanding three quarters at best of what is going on in an episode. While one episode is nothing (you know 3/4 of an ep), but with the episodes so interwoven and complicated, by the 20th episode you hardly understand what is going on anymore (you know [3/4]^20 = ~0.3% of anything).

And lol@Vexx. I knew it would be only a matter of time before you succumb to the temptation. EnA's release time frame is about a week, and there's very few people I know who can wait that long to watch one of their favorite shows of the season. :P

As far as Lucky Channel is concered, I guess those who can't stand it anymore should just treat it like a normal ED and skip it if its detracting from one's enjoyment of a show. I mean, that's what people do with OPs and EDs that they feel is starting to be repetitive, right? XD

@Kaoishin
I really don't get your math. You say that Lucky Star is almost 4 minutes shorter than the average anime episode, however, 99% of all anime also has ~1:30 OP/ED and a 30 sec preview. The only difference is that Lucky Star has Lucky Channel, and so that means the time difference between the two should be how long Lucky Channel lasts, which by your stats is only 3 mins. So I really don't know where you get this 'shorter by almost 4 mins' notion; in other words, your claim that most other anime has 21 minutes of content is false.

But that's not counting that a lot of anime has a ~1 min. recap of the previous episode (which LS doesn't have), and I for one actually counts the LS ED as 'content', since its audio is unique enough to every episode and is entertaining enough to a lot of other people. So even if one counts out Lucky Channel as part of LS, LS is only short 1.5 minutes at worst and 30 seconds at best.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2007-05-12 at 15:48.