Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 10:52   Link #224
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
So basically, what your saying is that the businesses will have a hard time using the new interface, when in practice, the people don't even really use the start menu that much.

Again, I point back to the times when people didn't like the same start button in favor of the Program Manager: It's not that bad of a change since the Start Screen is just an improved Start Menu. Whereas back then, the differences between the Program Manager and the Start Menu were really big. In the Start Menu vs Start Screen comparison, It's the same menu presented in 3D-Acceleration, and hell the Start Screen can bring up the program you want faster than the Start Menu can, I've tried it using a 4 yr. old computer vs an i3 with 8GB RAM.

It's the same Start Menu, but with faster search times and more search options.
You don't work with business clients much, I'm guessing because nothing you said had anything to do with the problems businesses face. Businesses have special purpose software designed to meet their business needs. Some are not-so-portable, making OS upgrades something to be viewed with wariness. When you have, say, a pharmaceutical program that is intertwined with IE, Outlook, a database, an integrated phone system, and uses Windows library calls -- its a program that is considered "mission critical" and you cannot just assume you can "throw it on and if it doesn't crash it is fine" because it can kill people and that costs money....