View Single Post
Old 2007-09-30, 19:24   Link #27
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

I gave it a 8/10.

I absolutely love Claymore and it was wonderful to see the scenes in the manga animated. it became the anime I looked forward to watching every week and I would rant and grumble about how long it would take for the next episode to come on and get subbed (which was subbed very nicely and quickly so thank you very much Eclipse ).

It was wonderful until the part it started deviating from the manga. I haven't even READ the chapters released in Japan and so far only kept up with the American release (I just know the basics of what happened after the war) and even I could tell that the show was going downhill. The episodes became slower, being dragged out by boring Raki scenes and flashbacks (oh why did they have to show Teresa's head getting chopped off a gazillion times?) Then came the ending and oh god was it rushed, rushed and cliche. What's even worse is that they STILL left it with an open ended ending. I think an opened ended ending that was faithful to the manga would have been much better IMO.

Well this series really deserved a 9-10 from me, but sadly the last few episodes brought the overall score down since they were very disappointing to the point I didn't even make it my priority to watch the last episode as soon as it came out. O well it was still fun and now it's time to catch up to the manga!