View Single Post
Old 2006-01-14, 02:42   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
My major gripe with EPS 1 is how fast sister and love interest became friends (first episode, so forgive me if I can't remember their names). Weren't they fighting with their most valuable possession on the line just a while ago? Shouldn't Sister be a little bit more angrier than that? Heck, I wasn't asking for much, since delaying the 'lets go look for more pages together' scene till next episode would have improve the pacing of the show dramatically. Right now, that scene seemed really rushed and forced.
Why not? They just discovered that they are fighting for the same reason. That plus seeing that "reason" step between them to stop the fight was pretty convincing. As long as sister and girlfriend don't want the same thing from him, there isn't any reason not to team up. And even then, they probably don't want to alienate him by off-ing the other.

Works for me.

I'm not sure if anyone cares, but surely I'm not the only one weird enough to freeze frame on the book of the nameless girl whose pages were lost, but I found it amusing that part of it seemed to be a bizarre rant by the production staff about the way they are treated by their supervisor. I took the trouble to copy it here in case anyone else is curious, but too lazy to find it for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagihime episode 1
Viewer, hello of you
The production site is vital
Permanent Alice has seeing in the light.
However, the permanent Alice the
production staff is really embarassed.
It bites and it exists.
Supervisor's selfishness.
The nature that completely has it is lost.
It is extraudinary and it is an aunt though
it is so in the face.
The voice is also annoying and it doesn't
make is so that surroundings may come.
The with one's own way I and Houdini.
I wonder if future episodes will continue this rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
edit: i would like to add that 13 eps is kinda short so iam thinkin there will be a season 2
I'd like to see a few more episodes before I conclude that there is too much story to fit in 13 episodes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.