View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 17:30   Link #17
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How many volumes of the Light Novel does the anime cover? How much content would you say the anime has cut out (like a rough percentage)?
It covers up to the beginning of vol. 4. It cuts out a few chapters of vol. 1 (Momotarou and Cell Phone Novel). Out of volume 2, it cuts out the trio telling jokes, Romance of Three Kingdoms, Kodaka telling Maria his "jokes", Short Story Relay. It didn't cut much from volume 3 or the couple of chapters from volume 4. I'd say a little less than half of volume 2 got cut out, and very little of volume 1 got cut out. Half the show was volume 1 & 2, and the other half was pretty much volume 3.

Hope this helps! I didn't read the earlier volumes of the novels, but I read the manga so I hope I didn't mess up.

EDIT: For anyone who's curious, here's how the anime covered the novels.

Episode 0: Prologue and Character Introduction is a Lot like Clamping (vol. 1)
Episode 1: Kodaka Hasegawa, Yozora, Sena Kashiwazaki (vol. 1)
Episode 2: The Hunt, Welcome to the World of Galgame (vol. 1)
Episode 3: To the Tainted Sadness, Hasegawa Family Affairs, Swimming Pool, Past (vol. 1)
Episode 4: Takayama Maria (and Kobato Joining Flag 1), Underling, Shiguma Rika, Rotten (mix of vol. 1 & 2)
Episode 5 (didn't watch this episode so I may miss a chapter): Romancing Saga, Little Sister, and ? (vol. 2)
Episode 6: Karaoke, Consolation Party, (vol. 2) Prologue: Farewell (vol. 3) <--not completely sure on this one
Episode 7: The Feeding of the Little Girl, History, The Silent Phone (vol. 3)
Episode 8: Sealing Technique, Release!, Saint vs Vampire, Jaws, Everyone at the Pool (vol. 3)
Episode 9: Demon Astaroth's Arrival, A Visit to Kashiwazaki's Abode (vol. 3)
Episode 10: The Sea, Ghost Stories (vol. 3)
Episode 11: Summer Festival, Epilogue: Reunion (vol. 3)
Episode 12: Recap + Renuion Part II, The Neighbor Club's Reaction (vol. 4)

I didn't rewatch the episodes, so this isn't 100% accurate.

Last edited by LC; 2011-12-23 at 18:00.