View Single Post
Old 2007-02-01, 15:53   Link #210
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well I thought I was going to be able to enjoy this until right at the end when they elected Manabi to be President just because she sang a song (most likely for the sake of selling CD's for the ufotable). I can already see Manabi being a flawless Suzumiya Haruhi type character who tell's everybody what to do and wins all arguments. The only way this show can be save for me is if it turns out that Manabi does have at least one flaw and isn't a perfect and flawless character that everybody worships in the show. I passed the first hurdle of enjoying the music (They are trying way harder in 2007 with decent OST's, I can tell), but if I don't like the main character there would be not point.

Well after checking the character out a bit more I notice one key thing. Manabi is really happy when other's are happy unlike Haruhi who only cares when she's having fun. The character's are nothing alike and the fact that Manabi is likeable for being fun to be around as opposed to Haruhi being liked and worshipped by others in her school for rather shallow reasons in the Haruhi anime save Manabi. Also Manabi's energy is constantly getting her into trouble (well things falling on her for example not real bad trouble), unlike anime Haruhi who never got punished in the slightest for any trouble she caused and always came off better for it (Which is simply ridiculous and disgusting a lot of the time). Though to be fair the Haruhi in novel got in trouble sometimes such as paying for a night of drinking with a hangover. Everybody had me worried I'd have to deal with another anime Haruhi (important to distinguish from the much less shallow novel version) for nothing. Therefore this show gets a pass into my list of shows I'll watch. I look forward to discussing the show with everybody.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-01 at 16:10.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote