View Single Post
Old 2008-11-21, 13:35   Link #37
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think losing to Mifune hit something home to him anyways. Especially in those fights against Mifune it was noted that Tsubaki was an exceptional weapon. The first fight was connected to that in how he wouldn't have lasted so long if she wasn't a strong weapon. They are different but it almost felt like what Maka was trying to do after losing to Chrona. That drive to get stronger and catch up to their weapons. Black Star is probably pushing himself so its not his skill level that causes them to lose. Pushing himself with trying to master the Fey Blade and fighting other meister teams is part of it. Also think Asura being set loose has contributed to the change in him as well.
That sounds pretty reasonable.

Quote:
So I don't think he's trying to abandon Tsubaki. Just that he's trying to strengthen himself separately so when they do fight together they are at a higher level. The meister fights are probably his personal training and then he goes with her to work on grasping that other presence within Tsubaki. Do think its going to lead to a bad situation at some point. Like on the bridge vs Free. Because Maka and Soul couldn't align it could have ended badly. Or when Maka tried to tackle Free who is immortal off a bridge . Now if Black Star wasn't hasty it wouldn't have mattered but I'm trying to focus on that one moment.

At least that's how I'm looking at it.
I don't think that will happen. Unlike the Demon in Soul's head, the sword may not be inherently sinister and Tsubaki wants him to master it, she just doesn't want to be left out of the process.

Quote:
At least that's how I'm looking at it.I'd like to see the break down of responsibility in percentages . Since even Stein noticed it wasn't just about Black Star wanting to take lead in the group resonance. It was also due to how Maka has felt about Black Star for a while now. Ever since that fight against Masamune its been sitting under the surface. You can't possibly work out a group resonance if you've got that kind of feeling for one of the other participants sitting in the back of your mind. Both of them messed it up and both weren't likely to accept their role in why it failed.
I didn't say she wasn't part of the problem it just seemed from Stein's comment
he was bigger factor as even Kid was blown away.

However, I don't disagree with what you said.

Quote:
Not like Black Star was the only person in that fight. Kid started it for a stupid reason like minor property damage and SOul really had no reason but decided to fight also. It was a fight of idiots at the end of the day.
Yeah, but I'm just stating that it was his idea.

Quote:
Do like slipping that bit in there. Maka throws the first punch but that still makes her better than Black Star is .
I'm refering to the fact he ended up taunting her into the fight even when he knew tensions were bad instead of ignoring it. Maka doesn't make the deicisons it's Stein who does.

Quote:
Agree Black Star has issues making compromises with people. Though its not like that flaw doesn't fall with Maka at times either. Instead of trying to work things out even if it meant differing a bit she just skipped the whole exercise. At the very least she believed Black Star wouldn't listen to her so she went and tried to get him booted out.
Well, I like said before, they did do it a lot before she got frustrated with him. I'm guessing his comment not needing partnerships/teamwork which what the lesson was about sent her over the edge, and made him sound like a jerk. Remember Stein said he would cut them from his classes they if didn't pass so saying what B*S did doesn't sound like someone who wanted a compromise.

Quote:
I'm really putting them both on equal footing in terms of fault. Not to mention if she doesn't like someone's point of view she'll just hit them over the head to shut them up. Even if you put it in a comical sense that's far from a positive personality trait.
That's true, but she normally isn't like that, anger got the better of her that time.
She did end up making it up to him at the end.

Quote:
Besides its not like Black Star won't make compromises. If he was like that would have picked a fight with Maka and Chrona in the race to stop Asura from coming back. Instead he realized how important that fight was for her and let her do what she wanted.
Okay, I should have said "rarely" makes compromises. Still in the end they both contributed badly to issue, and worked it out at the end.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-21 at 15:09.