View Single Post
Old 2011-05-12, 09:02   Link #39
ViewtifulAlchemist

I had no problem with Maka doing her courage/bravey punch at the end. I noticed this is one of the main complaints on the ending. Imo, they way they explained the setup made sense and was pretty unique even for typical shounen finisher attack.

I was just disappointed how the rest of the final episode was executed. Spirit, Sid, Death, etc was just reduced to making the same comments they made 5 minutes previously ("she could maybe beat Kishin with uber scythe move zomg!11"). Soul basically ending up useless..again. Black Star getting beat offscreen. Felt too much was sacrificed to make Maka shine the most in her spotlight. Then speedrush epilogue/credits combo, bleh.

Overall Just felt like Soul Eater lost stream after first half or so episodes. Even the fight scenes lack intensity (yeah, yeah Anime Original stuff but too much of a cop-out nowadays), i.e. compared Black Star vs. Mifune second fight (with the opening music insert) against their final fight. The latter was typical drawn out shouen fight nonsense where as earlier the fight scenes were much more fast pace.

7/10 Overall.

Sig by Jze0

Last edited by ViewtifulAlchemist; 2011-05-25 at 08:01.