View Single Post
Old 2006-08-22, 14:47   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whatever we might wish for... it appears they are contemplating major story modifications based on their advertising. Even the title "NEGIMA!?" implies some alternative storytelling ... which is not to say that familiar story elements won't be there (Negi's arrival, pissing Asuna off, Evangeline/Chach, Nodoka, Pactios, that stupid ermine, etc). It just may get told in a way more suited for animation story dynamics.

it just may not be in the proportion, order or sequence from the manga and we hope not from the first season.

My latest suspicion is that they're going to shorten the "set up" episodes to focus more on action --- and we just *might* get a decent rendition of the library complex adventure and the Kyoto arc in its intended glory.

Obviously, they're keeping their secrets and amping the hype so everyone will watch. However, having seen the OVA preview done by the new team --- I'm fairly confident we'll get a good story even if it isn't exactly the story from the manga.
(hope hope hope)

@Potatochobit: yeah the animation spiraled even faster after the change as well as the story line..... of course, they won't say but I suspect the first team blew up the budget and the second team was purely budget damage recovery Xebec style. As far as I'm concerned the only episode with any merit is episode 19 .... as for the rest -- a few seconds here, a few minutes there, some great voice acting.

I'm hoping they take a few notes from the Nanoha series on better quality SFX as well.