View Single Post
Old 2009-04-25, 18:34   Link #97
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

That is somewhat scary to me..that it managed to get first and second on the charts. Like the examples above, Nana-chan only started to managed to get No.1. And even with Macross + Mayaa only got No.3. Even with the godly Hare Hare Yukai and God Knows, both only got No.5 in the weekly charts. Guess recession doesn't hit the 'otaku's' pockets? Recession probally caused other artists to lose some sales, since 'normal' people would save money on these luxaries. If this gets No.1 on the weekly chart, I'll definately be even more scared.

It is most likely otakus who bought the singles, the seiyuus are practically unknown seiyuu. But then, with any artists, there'll always be crazy fanboys/girls. Look at the 'boybands' in japan, they sell like hot cakes (I still hate NEWS for beating Nana-chan with trickster in number one weekly, stupid fangirls, but then I'm a Nana-fangirl...). Then you have crazy wotas who buys all the oh-so-young-female-idols singles.

I loved Don't Say Lazy the first 20 times listening and watching the animated sequence, after that, it's quite forgetable. If I heard the song first without the animated stuff, it's just typical rock. Cagayake! Girls instrumental is good, not too fond of Yui's seiyuu high pitch voice. I love the guitars at the begining of the song.

Lets see how the DVD/Blu Ray sales go...