View Single Post
Old 2010-10-05, 01:13   Link #338
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
lol

Apparently someone was miffed hard enough to neg me for saying I was annoyed that this show had high production values / a big budget.
What makes you say that? The first ep was standard (and thankfully not low-tier) AIC quality as far as I could see.

Quote:
Frankly put I think this show is pure forgettable marketed drivel, the sister is little more then taking Haruhi, making her an otaku, and say, Kyon's sister at once.
The original series never really references actual products. That was a move on the anime staff's part, but that doesn't mean you should expect this to be another one of those 'reference' anime, because it isn't.

Quote:
I think it's visual appeal is about the only positive thing it had to rely on as the story and characters are pretty weak otherwise.
You know why the visual appeal is awesome? It's because the original novels had awesome art, and that guy is working on the chara designs/animation for the series. That's exactly what the industry should have done with all of its adaptations all along, and the quality definitely shows when you have the original guy in charge of the visual aspects of the anime that is adapting his work.

Quote:
I suppose it has to do with my disliking the whole 'onii-chan' bit and all that, actually having two younger sisters made me greatly dislike those mannerism quite early on.
Well then you can be glad that Kirino will never pull the 'onii-chan' bit on Kyousuke. This isn't an imoutocon pandering show, it's a sitcom about an atypical otaku and her experiences from the perspective of her brother who bares withness to it all.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote