View Single Post
Old 2009-02-03, 14:39   Link #293
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
I understand your point, but the reason why I said it was a selfish wish is because of what Tomoya himself said during that scene. He wished to have never met Nagisa and then he said “then this sadness would never have haunted me”. So the wish is not just to save Nagisa is also so he didn’t have to go through such a great sadness and pain. The wish is also for Tomoya’s sake. I see your point and that’s why I now think Tomoya’s wish was not as selfish as I thought it was, but I still think it was selfish.
There might be a little selfishness in his words. Considering what he's going to have to go though that isn't surprising. But although he said, "This saddness would never have happened." He also built a happy future for Nagisa if they had never met. He said something to the effect of, "She would have met someone else and lived a long happy life..." (I don't have the episode here with me, otherwise I'd check) But you also have to take into effect the idea I stated above, the reason that Tomoya was able to grow as a character was because of Nagisa. So if he never called out to her on that day everything he has accomplished would also be erased. He is willing to do that if she could still be alive.