View Single Post
Old 2010-06-17, 02:43   Link #11193
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
A word of advice repeated again and again: If you have a concept you can't explain, either try to avoid mentioning it until it matures, or, much preferably, try to verbalise it anyway, however imperfect your explanation might be -- people poking holes in it will help you make it solid. If nobody else will treat it seriously, I can promise you I will.

The middle ground annoys immensely.
Ok to get more spefic. My theory revolves around the notion that Beatrice is the 1st culprit, and she has the help of the other servants. If her goal was to make people believe in Beatrice and that Beatrice did all these things with magic, things make sense. She wrote these letters bottle stories to be found so people believe that Beatrice the witch made all that stuff happen to try and get people believe in Beatrice to make a miracle happen. Shannon's line of thinking was this. "If many people believe in Beatrice a miracle may occur." Which explains the bomb, if the mansion was still intact then no one would believe that this fantasy took place.

This also explains Beatrice's letters to the family and the murder choices. She is trying to get as many of them believing as possible before they die because of the bomb. She is trying to create almost impossible closedrooms to try and make the family believe that Beatrice is real, because the more people that believe the better chance the miracle will occur.

That is the bare bones of my thinking. I could go into it way more, but I really don't feel like it right now I want to varify a more solid ep3 answer before going into anything more detailed.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote