View Single Post
Old 2011-10-21, 02:50   Link #19
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
Hopefully they can have more members on the team. The 5 can already play but they will exhaust themselves as the game goes on. I think it would still be the 5 girls unless Subaru can recruit more girls in joining the team for them to compete in a game + have resting time for the first 5.
I think that's preciously why the author went all the way and introduced the 5th grader team - this would allow the Tomoka's team to enter official competition and also not break them up.

Quote:
I think they need a PF who's a little taller than Saki or as tall as Airi. I can only hope so. Maho is undersized for the PF and she is also the 2nd option for offense for the team. Maho must learn how to be a good rebounder and learn to play in the post. She can shoot so it's not a problem.
I don't think they would do it. Ro-kyu-bu has that typical underdog theme going for it, every one of the girls has some weakness that is disadvantages in their position which they would then overcome with their own personal strength. Maho fits this ongoing theme and the perfect underdog PF character in that she is very talent but is somewhat physically challenged. Also they are still just primary school children, so you can't have another atypically tall person like Airi in the team (that would be REALLY unfair). Thirdly Subaru himself is a PG and is small, thus his basketball philosophy is always focused on team play and overcoming height deficiency, unless they introduce another player to act as couch his style would be the main focus.

Quote:
Saki as PG is good enough. She just needs to practice more on her jump shots and must be able to drive inside and pass to an open teammate. She'll be a good teammate if that happens.
Saki faked out and drove past Misami, so she's almost there already.

Quote:
Hinata must concentrate on defense, where she can excel. On offense, she must be able to drive inside and kick out for a pass or be able to shoot when bailed out or sneak past the defenders if possible. I think she needs to shine this time.
Hinata has shown talent in tricky and unpredictable play style and had been able to cut some passes, so she's also getting there. It's just a matter of the story setting up a match where she can be in the spotlight.

Quote:
Airi must be a force under the basket since her height is her might. She must also be able to get rebounds.
She can do that now too. Both Airi and Saki have pretty much settled into their positions and have all the necessary basic skills.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote