View Single Post
Old 2009-07-25, 07:17   Link #237
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Do you know that if you read One Piece in Japanese, every time Haki is mentioned, it is simply a part of sentences as a normal verb or noun? It is spoken just like how people use the word in real life.
Quote:
I'd also like to add that a word that means something in real life could mean something entirely different in the context of a manga. An example of this would be the word 'pirate'. A pirate is defined as 'One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation.', and we know that this isn't how Oda uses it (Luffy n friends do not steal; Oda has confirmed that there are 2 types of pirates in the OP world, adventurers and plunderers, whilst the word pirate in the real world only refers to such plunderers). Also words like Chakra (which originated from India) and Shinigami have meanings in their respective mangas which completely differ from their original meaning.

This is why I don't think we should interpret what Oda is trying to mean by using the word haki just yet, as we have too little information as of now.
You don't read my posts do you?